Constructed in 1873, the Central Pacific Railroad Depot represented the end of the first transcontinental railroad. In 1912 the Southern Pacific Railroad built a larger station in West Oakland and all but local train traffic moved there.
In 1941, the building became Mi Rancho Market, one of the anchors of the burgeoning Latino neighborhood.
A transcontinental waiting room
Great Iron Horse tracks buried
Our multicultural city