The currently available tours are listed below. These tours can be taken with a phone, or done virtually from your computer.
Click on a tour below to learn more about it, then click on the Start the tour > button to begin. Use the Directions button to get directions to the start of the tour, and directions from each stop to the next.
- Dimond and Laurel NeonExplore neon signs along MacArthur Blvd. in the Dimond and Laurel districts.
60 minutes 1.6 miles :: history neon
- Black Liberation muralsMurals in the Hoover-Foster / Hoover-Durant neighborhood
60 minutes 1.1 miles :: murals
- Black LiberationA community-led cultural asset map asserting resident voice and documenting Hoover-Foster / Hoover-Durant’s multigenerational Black history and culture.
120 minutes 1.6 miles :: audio history
- Black HistoryA taste of Black history in Oakland
150 minutes 1.5 miles :: history
- Once Upon A Time, Happily Ever After… #1An audio tour of stories around Lake Merritt.
120 minutes 1.0 mile :: audio history
- 10,000 Steps #1Explore Oakland via its original city squares. Includes audio at some stops.
120 minutes 1.75 miles :: audio history
- Old OaklandExplore Old Oakland, home to numerous 1800s buildings and modern murals.
90 minutes 0.85 miles :: history murals