Leimert Building

Built in 1873 and purchased in 1874 by Louis Leimert, a candy manufacturer, the Leimert Building held the offices of William Dingee, real estate tycoon, and the head of the Oakland Water Company.

With Oakland’s rapid growth, it wasn’t long before backyard wells weren’t enough to supply the water needs of the population.

Today the building is home the restaurant Tamarindo, and Belgian-style beer pub The Trappist.

This stop is part of these tours: