Central Pacific Station

c.1938 photo

Constructed in 1873, the Central Pacific Railroad Depot represented the end of the first transcontinental railroad. In 1912 the Southern Pacific Railroad built a larger station in West Oakland and all but local train traffic moved there.

In 1941, the building became Mi Rancho Market, one of the anchors of the burgeoning Latino neighborhood.

1875-1941
A transcontinental waiting room
Great Iron Horse tracks buried
Booming Oakland
Our multicultural city

This stop is part of these tours: