Today Oakland High School is on Park Blvd. at MacArthur, but from 1895 until 1928 it was here across from Lafayette Square. Constructed of bricks from the Remillard Brick Company (the Remillards lived nearby), the building stood until 1940 when it was demolished. Some of the bricks were used to construct the clubhouse in Lincoln Square.
Oakland High School
Educated young minds here 1895-1928
Toppled in 1940,
Its bricks built Lincoln Square’s clubhouse